Beyond Isometrics is predominantly a hands-on experience.
Preparatory science and research will be discussed for a few hours prior to hands-on.
Classroom (2-3 hours)
- The difference between a "client" and a "patient"
- Potential influences in altered contractile integrity
- The morphological changes in contractile and noncontractile tissues following injury, disuse, abuse, immobilization, etc.
- Why aggressive passive stretching is counterproductive to tissue and contractile integrity during this stage.
- Why long duration passive lengthening may be instrumental in connective tissue remodeling.
- The continuum of investigation of contractile integrity
- From palpation to relative load and time imposition/response
- The continuum of progression of contractile integrity
- From pre-isometric attempts at generating improvement in "trace" contractions...
- Through solid static contraction
- To micro-motion
- In conjunction with progression...
- From mindless isometrics
- Through external focus/intention
- Through "body part" focus/intention
- To intensely mindful internal contractile focus/intention
- Tactile sensitivity
- Thought process development for customized practical solutions
- Creating and experiencing the continuum of contractile solutions
Very Limited Enrollment:
Because the majority of time is true hands-on, enrollment is limited to a maximum of 6 in OKC and 10-12 off-site.
These times may change for off-site courses. Check the details for each specific date and location for any changes from the following!
9:00-12:00 Classroom: Contractile states, changes in tissue morphology, etc.
1:00-4:00 Basic and advanced hands-on skill acquisition
9:00-12:00 Hands-on applications and problem solving
1:00-4:00 Hands-on continued